Our broadcasts from Paochung went out last Saturday (the 4th of February 2023) and the results were fantastic with 5-6x more reports than any previous single show!
We don’t have the resources to email all of you individually with confirmation QSLs, so we thought we’d confirm your reception with this webpage instead, dedicated to all of our wonderful listeners!
Firstly, if you would like your name removed from this and future pages like it, please email us.
Now for the “Big QSL” (Apologies for using lots of English throughout this post. I will try and learn more Japanese!)
Here we would like to share some of our listeners’ comments and reply to them!
- Toshiki I.:“It is my first time to listen to a Nordic broadcasting station and to send a report in English. It’s interesting that Japanese music is broadcast from overseas.” – Thank you so much for your report. We are honoured to be your first English reception report and we are happy you found the broadcast interesting!
- Hidemitsu M.:“Do you broadcast on shortwave only during special events?” “I think it is awesome to be able to speak Japanese. You did it very well !!” – We are planning to broadcast from Paochung regularly! Thank you for your nice words on my Japanese, I try my best 🙂
- Hideki M.:“Thank you very much for your special program beamed to Japan. I enjoyed. Hopefully there will be another Japanese Special in the very near future.” – We will probably do one in another 6-12 months time 🙂
- Sakae O.:“It was a very strong and clear signal. I enjoyed the Japanese anime songs, and thank you for speaking in Japanese. It was so wonderful!” “I have also followed @RNEI_Official .” – I’m really happy you enjoyed the show! I forgot to mention before that we have a twitter!
- Akiyoshi T.:“I thought that the music in this programme sounded like a song that high school girls might listen to.” “Some Japanese high school girls listen to k-pop a lot, while others listen to songs like this one.” “Finally, I would like to thank you for your special broadcast to Japan. I was very happy because your broadcasts cannot be received directly on the radio in Japan.” – Haha! Now you mention it, the song list, and my personal taste, is quite high school girl! I’m very glad you enjoyed the show!
- Takuji S.:“Japanese music would be played, but I was very surprised. Because I didn’t know much music. However, all the songs are very tasteful, so I listened to the recording again immediately after the broadcast, and downloaded some music from the Internet. I am very interested in how I can come into contact with this kind of music while living in Europe. The announcement in Japanese was also nice. I hope that you will plan this special broadcast again.” – Thank you so much! It makes us happy to hear you liked the show so much you listened to it again and downloaded some of the songs! I’m a J-pop fan and tried to pick small indie artists not yet popular 🙂
- Xu M.:“Wonderful and uplifting Japanese songs, very excited to tune into the special broadcast of RNEI for the first time! The signal quality is good. Look forward to next transmission in the Pacific area.” – I’m so happy you enjoyed the show too, I hope you enjoy our next broadcasts and that the signal strength remains good!
- Shin M.:“I assume that you chose the current Japanese songs from a European perspective, but I would have liked to hear your comments on the songs. I would like to listen again if you have a similar project. I hope the New Year will be happy and wonderful for you.” – My comments are going to be put in the “playlist” part of the website. You can also find all my previous comments there too! I wish all of you a happy new year too 🙂
- Tooru G.:“This special feature on Japanese songs was very interesting.” “I could tell that they were definitely popular with today’s young people in Japan. I was surprised by Rose’s song selection. The Japanese you sometimes spoke was correct and very cute.” – I’m happy you found it interesting! I tried to pick songs all ages will be able to enjoy and I feel it worked well! I’m so happy you liked my Japanese too ^-^
- Tatsuya O.:“Do you like Japanese anime? I saw a movie Suzume last month. It was very moving just like other Shinkai movies such as Your Name. and Weathering With You. I recommend you to see his new movie Suzume!” – I do like Japanese anime and I loved Your Name and Weathering With You! Sadly Suzume isn’t released in Europe for another 2 months. I’m very very excited to see it when it releases!
- Takahito A.:“Radio Northern Europe International has been a “far away” station which can be accessed only by remote SDR via internet.” “your signal sounded very clearly as our local radio stations!” “The announcement by the presenter (I presume “Rosa”) in some Japanese was good. Her Japanese will be better and better if she visit Japan” “In Japan the coldest season seemed to be over. Ume (plume blossom) flowers are beginning to open. Spring will come in March.” – Thank you so much for all your comments! It’s fantastic to hear that our signal was received so strongly! I would love to visit Japan one day. It’s such a beautiful country with so many traditions! Your comment on Ume has inspired the QSL card for this show (below)!
- Atsuhiko T:“I enjoyed the music and your Japanese speech, and surprised! 次の機会をとても楽しみにしています またね！” – I’m so happy to hear you enjoyed the show and are looking forward to the next broadcast! 君の意見はありがとうございます！
- Shin A:“This is the first time for me to know all the Japanese songs you introduced. Unfortunately, they weren’t popular songs” “I like your song selection very much! We hope that special shows like this one will be held again.” – We try and play good music that is not yet popular / discovered, I’m happy to hear you liked the selection! We are looking forward to the next show like this one 😀
- Akio U:“Hi! Miss Rose! I am very happy to listen to your broadcast for Japan. I also enjoyed listening to your many Japanese announcements” “I enjoyed very much many Japanese songs.” “I look forward to hearing your announcement again.” “Mata Jikai! Mata ne!” – Thank you so much for your kind message! I’m really pleased you liked the Japanese announcements and music. We hope you tune in next time too. Mata Jikai, Mata ne~! 🙂
- Kwon D.G.:“I really enjoyed listening to your Japanese music special show from Taiwan with a fantastic signal. Listening to the various music of Japan, a neighboring country, through a host from Northern Europe, I had an unfamiliar experience. Next time, I would like to convey the idea that K-pop, which is popular all over the world, would also be heard.” – I’m really happy the show was enjoyed outside of Japan. I wanted to choose some K-pop but I know that KBS already serves the world with wonderful K-pop music shows that I listen to every week. We like to bring people something different from the other stations! We did play a K-pop Norwegian crossover a few shows ago 🙂
- Hitoshi S:“Signal was very strong and I enjoyed music very much.” “I knew the titles of selected songs with the help of Shazm” “I was pleased with DJ’s announcement in Japanese. I understood that DJ made effort to communication with listeners” – Shazam is an amazing app to find song names, I use it too! I’m very happy to read your comments and I will continue to try my best to communicate in Japanese with our listeners!
- Tatsuya S:“Thank you very much for your cool program.” “some Japanese talk was very nice ! (Matta Ne–!)” “Decoding radiogram is also my fun. I’m waiting for the next program from you” – I’m really pleased you found the radiogram because I forgot to announce it! Every RNEI show has a radiogram of the playlist within the last song. An app like Tivar, TivaRNEI or Fldigi can receive it!
- Yoichi T:“I felt that this “Japanese Music Special” was very fresh. I also found a song I really liked. (Blue Dream by ARU). ARIGATOU.” “I was also happy with Ms. Rose’s Japanese. My wife said, “This person is cute.” I think so too（^^）. I would like to continue listening to regular programs if possible. Thank you again and I’m sorry for my terrible English. MATANE” – Your English is very good and much better than my Japanese! Blue Dream is really soft and relaxing! Thank you for your comments on my Japanese and I hope you can listen again soon, Mata Ne~ ^-^
- Kazuyuki K.:“How pop and cute! This is my first time to hear these Japanese songs. But it is very enjoyable and interesting at all. I hope these Japanese pops program on your station regularly!” – I’m really glad you liked the music! We do specials 4 times a year and a normal show every month. We had a Japanese special last year and will probably do another in the future!
- Satoshi I.:“It was also interesting for your broadcast to Japan, we could hear some Japanese announcement and songs by Japanese singer. Are you interested in the Japanese songs ?” “It is happy that you broadcast conscious for Japan, we hope it will be regular one, for example, once a month or at every season (4 times a year).” – I am interested in Japanese songs! I love listening to NHKラジオ深夜便・日本の歌心の歌 on shortwave with all the retro Japanese pop as well as modern J-pop! We hope to broadcast at least seasonally and hopefully monthly to Japan from Paochung!
- Toshimichi O.:“It is good to hear the Japanese service originated from Europe. Your Japanese is understood.” – I’m really happy you enjoyed the show and were understandable to you, we hope you can tune in again next time too!
- Iwao N.:“I am working at a hospital … as a medical technician. I am very interested in listening to distant short wave stations.” “I was surprised that you know Japanese words & many Japanese pops that I’ve never heard. I hope you will have another chance to listen to your short wave broadcast.” “Let me introduce one of our tradition: On New Year’s Eve, millions of people begin swarming into shrines and temples all over the country, to pray for good health and fortune during the next 365 days. At midnight we listen to 108 bells. I am looking forward to hearing from you soon and send you all good wishes.” – Thank you for all the work you do as a medical technician, it is a very important job! I’m glad to have been able to surprise you with something new on shortwave! I have learnt a little about the New Year shrine tradition but I never knew there are 108 bells, that sounds very impressive! We hope to hear from you soon too!
- Hideo S.:“I enjoyed Japanese music special very much. As far as I know, our old pops are widely known as “City Pop”in Europe and in US, and especially “Plastic Love” by Maria Takeuchi is one of the best ones. Today you played the latest hit song from our laterst movie. How do you get to know the J-pop ? Via internet ?” – You’re right, Takeuchi Mariya-san is quite famous around the world as a City Pop artist! I usually listen to NHKラジオ深夜便 on shortwave every day at 18UTC. I also used Spotify to discover the lesser known Japanese music for this show!
- Nobuya K.:“nowadays, many of the broadcasts on shortwave have already been replaced by the Internet, satellite broadcast, and other means of the latest technology. I feel really sad!! So, I hope that RNEI would be able to send its broadcast for listeners in Japan as long as possible.” – We are trying our best to be as financially sustainable as possible and we do rely on our lovely Patreons to keep extra broadcasts like Paochung going! We publish an a
We would like to confirm the reception reports for the Paochung broadcast from the following listeners:
Feodor B, Toshiki I., Hidemitsu M., Hyung J. K., Hideki M., Koji T., Ding L., Sakae O., Koji F., Akiyoshi T., Hiroyuki A., Kazuaki O., Zhenheng K., Takuji S., Minoru K., Hideki O., Xu M., Shin M., Reiwa S., Tooru G., Toshiki T., Tatsuya O., Takahito A., Atsuhiko T., Shin A., Akio U., Kwon D.G., Hitoshi S., Hirofumi Y., Moriki T., Tatsuya S., Hirokazu M., Hajime M., Yoichi T., Kazuyuki K., Satoshi I., Kazuaki K., Toshimichi O., Naoyuki C., Mikio K., Iwao N., Kenji H., Hideo S., Nobuo T., Hiromichi K., Nobuya K. & Tetsuya Y.
Thank you so much for all of your reception reports!
Below is our eQSL card from the RNEIxtra #7 broadcast for everyone to enjoy!
We will order a few of these QSL cards to give out to a select few of our listeners, please don’t be upset if you don’t receive one as we don’t have many!
And with that we will end this “Big QSL” post,
Thank you all and we look forward to seeing you next time!
Til vi møtes igjen / また次回,
Ha det~ / またね～