Requesting a QSL card
This is a short guide on how to write a reception report and request a QSL card from RNEI, we accept reception reports from Shortwave, FM and On Demand listeners!
- Have something you can write on (pen and paper or computer) ready.
- Write down the frequency, date, time and how good you think the signal sounds (SINPO).
- Write down what you are hearing and any comments you have about the show.
- Start composing an email to us (qsl [@] rnei.org) containing your reception report (attachment is fine) and address if you want the chance to get a physical postcard QSL from us.
- Attach any recordings you made to your email, we do like listening to these!
- Click send on the email
Our QSL response history:
|Date||Writing QSLs from||Sending eQSLs from||QSL Delay||eQSL Delay|
|July 2020||April 2020||April 2020||3-4 Months||3-4 Months|
|August 2020 –|
– February 2021
|May 2020||May 2020||Stalled||Stalled|
|March 2021||June 2020||June 2020||9-10 Months||9-10 Months|
|April 2021||September 2020||August 2020||7-8 Months||8-9 Months|
|May 2021||April 2021||April 2021||1-2 Months||1-2 Months|
|July 2021||June 2021||June 2021||~1 Month||~1 Month|
|January 2022||September 2021||September 2021||4 Months||4 Months|
We are currently reading reception reports from January 2022, writing QSL cards from September 2021 and
sending eQSLs from September 2021.
Notes: Due to these delays we are currently sending only static image eQSLs rather than full data eQSLs due to the time needed to create them.
We will issue one QSL card per show per listener. We try to send multiple cards in one envelope to save on postage cost which contributes to the delays in physical QSL cards.